MIDC VACCINATION STATEMENT
Metro Infectious Disease Consultants (MIDC), is strongly supportive of COVID vaccination. We have extensively researched the literature and conclude the following based on all available scientific information:
- People who are vaccinated have a much lower risk of being infected with COVID, including the delta variant.
- Unvaccinated individuals have a much greater likelihood of acquiring COVID, being hospitalized, experiencing a severe illness, and dying.
- While no vaccine is perfect, the COVID vaccines have been shown to be extremely safe. The likelihood of experiencing an adverse reaction to the vaccine is 10 to 100 times higher with a COVID infection.
- The COVID vaccines do not, I repeat, DO NOT, affect a female’s or male’s fertility. The COVID infection, however, has been shown to adversely affect an individual’s fertility.
- COVID vaccination is, at the present time, the most efficacious way to protect yourself, your family, and the community.